After Trump’s controversial comment about curing coronavirus by injecting disinfectants into patient’s lungs, the NYC Poison Control Center had reportedly managed a total of 30 cases of exposure to household cleaners.
Fortunately, none of these exposures died or required hospitalization.
Oxiris Barbot, an American pediatrician mentioned on her Twitter that ingesting disinfectant could put people “at great risk”, while lung specialist Dr. Vin Gupta called Trump’s comment “irresponsible and dangerous”.
Photo source: New York Daily News
Trump on Friday said his comment was meant to be sarcastic.
“I said it sarcastically,” he told reporters in the Oval Office.