Two housing estates in Kuala Langat have been placed under an enhanced movement control order (MCO) begining Monday (June 1) night.
When contacted, Kuala Langat police chief Supt Azizan Tukiman said Health Ministry officials were currently tabulating details of residents in the two locations – Taman Langat Utama and Taman Langat Murni in Bukit Changgang.
“Data on more than 1,000 residents were compiled last night alone and work is still ongoing,” said Supt Azizan.
He said the Covid-19 cases in the area currently still involved around 20 foreign employees of a cleaning company who had tested positive.
The 20 Bangladeshis were living in a hostel in the area and were found to be Covid-19 positive when their company sent them for screening at a clinic.
Supt Azizan said he would be holding a press conference, together with the Kuala Langat district officer, at the site later Wednesday (June 3) afternoon.
Meanwhile, Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah had told a press conference last week that the 20 workers were being treated in the Sungai Buloh Hospital.
He added that the cause of the infection was being investigated and action will be taken to prevent further spread of the infection.
Dr Noor Hisham had also praised the cleaning company for initiating the Covid-19 screening of its employees, which led to the detection of the new cluster in Kuala Langat.