July 28, 2020

New SOP for Hari Raya Haji

KUALA LUMPUR, 27 Julai -- Menteri Kanan (Kluster Keselamatan) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob ketika sidang media Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Pemulihan (PKPP) di bangunan Parlimen, hari ini. Orang ramai boleh pulang ke kampung masing-masing bagi menyambut Hari Raya Aidiladha susulan tiada sekatan perjalanan termasuk rentas negeri. --fotoBERNAMA (2020) HAK CIPTA TERPELIHARA KUALA LUMPUR, July 27 -- Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob during a press conference on the Recovery Movement Control Order at the Parliament building, today. The public can travel to their hometowns to celebrate Hari Raya Aidiladha as there will be no roadblocks including for interstate travel. --fotoBERNAMA (2020) COPYRIGHTS RESERVED

PUTRAJAYA: New standard operating procedure (SOP) will be enforced during Hari Raya Aidiladha, including limits on the number of people in a house as well as the cap on the number of animals for korban (sacrificial rites) at any one location.

The new SOP is in light of the risk of Covid-19 infections re-emerging, said Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said for Hari Raya Aidiladha celebration, only up to 20 people would be allowed to be in a house at one particular time.

Ismail Sabri said those who were still under home quarantine, were not allowed to leave the house, including for balik kampung or for the Aidiladha prayers.

“They are also not to receive guests. If those who are still under quarantine are found to have violated the regulation, action will be taken against them.

“Police will be on the ground to monitor public compliance, ” he said at a press conference yesterday.

For korban, he said the government had decided to limit the number of animals to a maximum of 10 at mosques, surau as well as other designated locations, adding the limit however is based on the size of the area.

The number of people allowed during korban is 20 per animal.

Ismail Sabri said feasts were not allowed at korban sites and only packed food could be distributed to those on duty.

He also said the government would bear 56% of the cost of mandatory quarantine of Malaysians returning home while the remaining 44% of the cost would be borne by the returnees. Non-citizens, however, would bear 100% of the costs.

Following a spike of Covid-19 cases and non-compliance of procedure among those returning to Malaysia, the government decided that all returnees would have to undergo mandatory quarantine at designated centres from July 24.

The government had previously allowed returnees to undergo the quarantine at home since June 10, before reversing the policy.

Ismail Sabri said officers from the Health Ministry and the police would conduct spot-checks to make sure those on home quarantine follow the SOP.

These include staying at home, wearing the wristband, and taking a second test on Day 13 of the quarantine.

He added that police would start detaining and charging 2,897 individuals who had yet to undergo their second Covid-19 test.



Photo and news source: thestar.com.my

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: